Sunday, July 18, 2010

Summer Fete

I had a good day today. Up early-ish at 7, but went back to bed and slept in until 9! I had to rush around to pack the car with the Splat The Rat and High Striker to take to the fete. I helped set up for a few hours (lots of gazebo fiddling and table moving) and eventually at 1pm the Fete started.

The High Striker lasted about an hour before the brutish children bashed it to bits! Looks like it’ll need some extensive rework. The Splat The Rat lasted much better and will probably see life next year without any work.

Christina, Max and Finn showed up for a couple of hours in the middle and I was lucky enough to spend some time walking around and enjoying the sights.

I helped clean up too. This was mostly carrying tables and chairs and generally helping with gazeboes again (this time helped by gravity). Also the free beer helped immensely!

All in all it was a grand day. I helped the school, the boys had fun and I certainly caught the sun – I’m beetroot-like, but it feels good!

No comments: