Monday, March 05, 2007

Hardcore text

How stupid do you have to be to setup to murder one's partner with the aid of a lover, but then to text message the details of the grisly event?! (see http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/6419643.stm)
It beggars belief that these two have not only brutally killed someone, but that they thought they wouldn't get caught by sending these messages, but also that he still denies it!
I suppose in a strange way you have to admire his pluck! He's either completely crazy (likely), has terrible legal advice, or is completely innocent.
I'll keep my eyes open for the verdict (in 6 months or so).

Different tack: I watched Alphaville today (in the brief moments when I wasn't working). It was a very interesting film. It's certainly stylish, but in a very strange French, low budget sort of way. It's either very badly written, imagined and directed or it's a work of utter genius. I'm leaning slightly towards genius, but only because I love French films (in all their pretentious, drawn out, deep glory) and also because the voice of the omnipotent computer Alpha 60 is the strangest, mesmerising French voice I have ever heard (actually a man's voice through a mechanical voice box). Oh... and Anna Karina looks great as well.

No comments: