Friday, April 13, 2007

We're havin' a party

If any of my children ever tread this blog I hope they read this post perhaps the most. An interesting story in the news caught my attention today (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/wear/6549267.stm). I remember when I was a teenager going to a couple of house parties and seeing some people out of control wrecking the host house in a very disrespectful way.
It always seemed naive of someone to invite complete strangers into their house to wreck it! The major reason to host such a party always seemd to me to be an attempt at increasing individual popularity, but almost always resulted in patronage and sympathy instead!
Something similar happened to someone very close to me and the consequences have never been forgotten (not quite as bad as the ones in the article today).

Suffice to say: do not have a party in my house! It's much more clever to go to someone else's house and let them clear up the mess!
;-}

No comments: